Simple Separation Agreement Ma

For more information on divorce and separation, check out our articles in our self-help manual. For more information on divorce, family law and marital agreements, contact us by phone or email. We have offices in New Bedford and Boston and we are ready to answer your questions and set up your free private advice. When children are in a relationship, the agreement should also provide that separation agreements must be developed with great care by an experienced and thoughtful lawyer who practices family law. If you divorce, you and your spouse can enter into a written separation agreement that sets out how issues related to the end of your marriage are handled. The agreement should concern custody of the children, parental leave or visits, assistance to the children, your help (alimony), division of your property (including pensions), passage from the marital home, including the owners of the property, who will live in the marital home, divide up your debts and remove the name you had before your marriage. A separation agreement is only good if both spouses sign it. It is normally part of the divorce order. In addition to signing the separation agreement, you may have separate support from the Massachusetts Estate and Family Court in the following circumstances: No one can be forced to sign a separation agreement.

If you are pressured to sign a document, leave and consult your own lawyer.